The Black Belt Oath is recited at the presentation of Black Belts at our Graduation Ceremony. The photo is of our latest successful Black Belt candidates reciting the Oath (2018).
QUALITIES OF A BLACK BELT
1. Hold yourself to a higher standard than others hold you to. Work, study, and train harder and behave better than is expected of you.
2. Compare yourself, not to others, but to your own potential. Strive to exceed your personal abilities. Build on your own strengths.
3. Balance your emotions. Every emotion has an appropriate time and place. If we become overly emotional, or mix up these times and places, we lose our ability to act appropriately.
4. My word is law. You do anything and everything you say you are going to do.
5. When life hands you lemons…make lemonade. Look for the good in every situation, and make the most out of it.
6. Develop positive rituals. Develop good habits in your health, exercise, work, and entertainment.
7. Happy, but not satisfied. Be happy with your status or skill level, but also have a goal to improve your situation.