Updated FAQ’s May 2020
1. How do I access Virtual Classes and Online Content?
There are two methods for accessing our classes and online content. The first port of call would be to visit the Groups Section of our Facebook Page at www.Facebook.com/TringMartialArtsAcademy/groups apply to the group that you normally train in, answer the questions and your application will be validated within 24 hours.
We operate Facebook Groups for 4-6, 6-10, 10-12, Teens & Adults FMA, Krav Maga and UltraFit.
From the Facebook Groups you will receive weekly and daily invitations to join classes either through a Zoom Webinar or through Facebook Live. If you join a class via facebook live be sure to comment with your name so we can check you into the register.
Whats App Groups
You can also apply to join the Whats App groups for each age group. Simply message us through our facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you.
Links to either the free or paid content on our online university are regularly shared via the Whats App and Facebook groups. Alternatively, email email@example.com and we will send you the links.
2. Do I need a lot of space to join in with the Virtual Classes?
No, almost all of the activities we are operating online involve nothing more than 1 metre square, some students use hall ways but most find enough space in their living rooms?
3. Recommended Devices?
We recommend joining the Virtual Classes on a Laptop, Tablet or for even better enjoyment a Smart TV. Once you have the meeting id and password, simply join the meeting and wait for it to start.
4. What Should I wear?
Please wear your Uniform and Belt to each class
5. Can I record the sessions?
No, instead you can re-watch weekly training via the Facebook Groups.
6. Any plans for Weekend Classes?
Once we were ordered to shut and we decamped our studio to Sensei Chris’s front room we agreed with him and his family that we would limit their disruption to just Monday to Thursday. Should the situation change and we be able to offer more classes this will be promoted in the face book groups.
7. I haven’t joined a class before, what do I do?
Firstly, please don’t leave this until the last minute, schedules are published weekly through the groups so please leave plenty of time to get to your first virtual class.
Step 1 – Download the Free Zoom App from your App Store
Step 2 – Join the groups and get the invites
Step 3 – Before the class is due to start click on the meeting link and password if applicable.
Step 4 – For your enjoyment of the class, join with your video (camera) ON and your microphone OFF (mute). Note – if you are shy or uncomfortable with other people seeing you in the group you may join without your video camera on, however the instructor will obviously not be able to help you with your technique etc.
8. I need to physically speak to someone, how can I reach you?
The office is open Monday to Thursday from 1pm until 4pm on 01442 795001
9. I don’t use Facebook or Whats App?
We can arrange for you to be added to the weekly invitation email which contains the links and password to each class for that week. Obviously, if you are not using Facebook your participation will be limited to Zoom.
10. Testing Procedures
We are offering virtual testing of the curriculum being taught. Any grades must be validated by a physical test once we return to the dojo. You may test in any of the three ways below:
1. Zoom Group Testing – the class will be split either by numbers or by experience levels. In busy classes, students can expect to be tested either by Sensei Chris or Paula, and even Shihan Chris.
2. Zoom Private Testing – there are 8 x 1-1 testing slots available during test week. They last 15 minutes each:
Monday 8pm, 8:15pm, 8:30pm or 8:45pm
Wednesday at 6pm, 6:15pm, 6:30pm or 6:45pm
3. 5 Minute Video Submission
Upload your video to either YouTube or Vimeo, set it as a private video and send us the link direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance on participating in test week (all submission methods).
1. We ideally need to see the whole person, head to toes in profile (side on).
2. Bring you A Game, even if you don’t think you are being observed you must be working flat out at 110%.
3. Respect the decision of the examiner, if you need to retest this can be done at any point throughout test week. If you are not happy with you mark you may retest to try to earn a higher grade.
Thank you for your continued support we wish you well during this uncertain time.